Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome!

So I established this blog but had put off actually doing anything with it because I wanted to come up with some fantastic manifesto of who/what/how I am and I just kept getting hung up on it. Instead, I've decided to be lazy and just do a Joycean stream of consciousness thing that I do hope you'll enjoy and will give you some interesting factoids about me.

Also, if you are reading this you probably already know me. If you don't know me, congratulations on your ability to search the minutiae of the interwebs in order to land here.

I am a 34 year old married mother of 2 living the DC area. I have a very good job that I truly enjoy. I like wine. I like terrible TV, but am a snob about it- (Real Housewives- yes. Jersey Shore- no way). I also like very good TV, like Mad Men, but my heart will always belong to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I love my girls, but I love my job. I will not apologize for that. I would be incomplete without either, and I am constantly working to achieve some kind of balance. I am not a helicopter mom, but I love my daughters fiercely. I am politically and socially liberal, but I am endlessly pragmatic. A grounded dreamer if you will.

I have great friends, an awesome family, and a wicked sense of humor. Or so I am told. I have a healthy appreciation for irony but not ironing. I am a natural debater and enjoy good intellectual banter. I do not care for hypocrisy or pretension, but I can be quite forgiving of both because I suspect we are all trying to be someone we have not quite become as of yet.

And with that, Allons-y!

Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment